Federal Skilled Worker

Home » Immigration Services » Skilled Workers » Federal Skilled Worker
federal skilled worker

1. Qualification

You must accumulate 67 points before your can setup your profile in the IRCC express entry system.

Work experience

Minimum 1 year in the past 10 years, working experience in one of the same National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups: Managerial jobs (NOC 0), Professional jobs (NOC A) or Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC B)

You must demonstrate the working of primary occupation you performed the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Your skilled work experience must be:
• in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
• paid work (This means you must have been paid wages or earned commission. Volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count.)
• Continuous work 1 year or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week). You may meet this if it part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours.

2. Language requirement
You must take approved language tests in English or French (writing, reading, listening and speaking) and
• get a minimum score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in all 4 abilities
• enter the test results in your Express Entry profile
Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result. They must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.
3. Education requirement

If you went to school in Canada, you must have a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
• secondary (high school) or
• post-secondary school

If you have foreign education, you must have a completed credential and an Educational Credential Assessment report from an approved agency showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian.

You have to acquired 67 points out of your age, language, education, experience, et. to be classified as a skilled worker under this program, then you will compete with all other applicants in the pool with a CRS score (Comprehensive Ranking System) . There are ways to improve your chances of success, talk to an immigration lawyer or RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) for tips. And don’t forget, Don’t forget Federal Skilled Worker is just one of many streams for a foreign worker become PR, explore our section of Skilled Workers for other available avenues. 

Rural Northern Immigration Pilot is a new effort IRCC leverages its policy power to boost economy of remoted communities. There are 11 communities be selected for this pilot trial.

Vancouver 1-604-670-0918
Kelowna 1-250-899-6868



2F, 1789 Harvey Ave,
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G4

Overseas Office:
Unit 1404, Chun Hui Mansion,
18 Yue Ken Road,
Guangzhou, P.R.China