International Students

Home » Immigration Services » International Students

International Students – plan & considerations

We help international students whether they are still in their home country, studying in Canada or are about to graduate at secondary school or post-secondary institution. Not matter what state you are at, NLAi immigration services have different package solutions to cover your needs.

Academic Pursuit

We render advices to international students on academic & immigration path planning, program admission which includes the followings:

From Student to Permanent Resident

When you are about accomplishing your post-secondary study in Canada, NLAi will love to help you apply.

Quebec Experience (PEQ)

international students

Student Permit application & extension

International students need to apply a study permit outside of Canada, if the intended study exceeds 6 months before enter Canada. However, if the international student is already in Canada on study permit which is about to expire, you can apply study permit extension or renewal. While you are in Canada legally as a worker or a visitor, you may apply to change you status to student and get a study permit with certain prerequisites. Although there are a few situations which allow foreign national to study in Canada without study permit,  it is wise to check with an immigration lawyer or RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant).

To apply study permit to IRCC, the student need to show Letter of Admission from legitimate institution. Further, you need to prove your health condition, justify the study is temporary base. Most importantly, you will need to show you have sufficient financial resources to cover all the tuition and living costs. Nonetheless, all individual vary from case to case. It is wise to hire a licensed professional as your Authorized Representative to prepare your case, so that your application be best presented your qualification

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application

This type of visa can be used to enter Canada one time or multiple times. You will need to tell IRCC the purpose of coming to Canada, whether as a student, a worker or just a visitor. A valid study permit or work permit explains well why and what you are about to do once you enter Canada. However, if you apply to enter Canada just as visitor, you will need to provide a detailed itinerary. Same as student, you must have sufficient finance for the trip and proof of stronger ties back to your home country.

International Student Status Restoration

Regardless what reason, it is the international student’s responsibility to remain himself or herself in status all the time while studying in Canada. However, once the status expired, (s)he must stop studying right away. Restoration could be one remedy if it is less than 90 days losing legal status. Or else, you have to leave the country voluntarily. Should the international student completely ignore and past the restoration period, he or she will face removal order.  Although it is for sure not a pleasant journey, never too late to talk to an Authorized Representative before things get worse.

Student’s Post-Graduation Work Permit

The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows international students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to work in Canada after their graduation. That helps the international graduates gain valuable Canadian work experience. Further, the work experience gained under PGWP makes international graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian experience class.

Employers seeking to employ international graduates with PGWP are exempt from the requirement to first obtain a positive Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Service Canada.

International students have to apply PGWP within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from the educational institution that the international student has met the requirements for completing the program of study. And PGWP will be issued for the length of the study program, from 8 months up to 3 years. Nevertheless, distance learning and part-time study are not eligible to apply.

Provincial Nominee – International graduate

Within normally 3 years of your graduation from an eligible Canadian university or college, you may qualify for Provincial Nominee programs as an international graduate. However, you may get through the specific PNP program to acquire your PR status or gain extra points to improve your ranking in the Express Entry application.

Provincial nominee requirements vary from province to province, and the provincial government may change their policies without prior notice. It is to your best interests, always check with PNP for the update, or consult an Authorized Representative.

Canadian Experience Class (for international student)

CEC requires minimum 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply. The work experience could be accumulated through full-time or an equivalent amount through part-time work. Further, it has to be in Canada legally. The position must be, according to the Canadian National Occupational Classification, managerial jobs (NOC 0), professional jobs (NOC A) or technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC B). Although there is no education requirement,  but it requires minimum language level of CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or CLB 5 for NOC B jobs. For more details, go to: Canadian Experience Class

Federal skilled worker (student with past work experience)

Federal skilled worker stream requires minimum 1 year in the past 10 years, working experience in one of the same National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups: managerial jobs (NOC 0), professional jobs (NOC A) or technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC B). On top of it, you need to get a minimum score of CLB 7 language and qualified education credentials. For more details, go to: Federal Skilled Worker.

List of cooperated institutions in North America

Would you like an initial consultation?

Contact us using our online student consultation form!

Vancouver 1-604-670-0918
Kelowna 1-250-899-6868



2F, 1789 Harvey Ave,
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G4

Overseas Office:
Unit 1404, Chun Hui Mansion,
18 Yue Ken Road,
Guangzhou, P.R.China

Glasses and highlighters on text book.


Academy of Learning
Anderson College,
Mohawk College,
Toronto College of Technology,
Evergreen College,
Stanford International College,
Ascenda School of Management,
Sprott Shaw College,
CIMT College,
International Gateway Kelowna,
Dewey College,
National Academy of Health and
St. Lawrence
Red River
Bow Valley
International College of
Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Science
& technology (SIAST)
New Brunswick Community
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology(SAIT)
Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT)
College of
College of North
Confederation College of Applied Arts &
Vancouver Community
Fraser International
Northern Lights
University of the Fraser
University of North British
Mount Saint Vincent
Kwantlen Polytechnic
Vancouver Island
Thompson Rivers
University of
University of
St. Francis Xavier
Fairleigh Dickinson
University of
University of

United States

Arkansas State
Saint Louis
Southeast Missouri S
Northwest Missouri S
Lock Haven University of
U of New
University of
Johnson & Wales U –
Bunker Hill
Benjamin Franklin Institute of
Oregon State
New York Film
Long Island U, C.W. Post
U of La
CSU, San
California State University
New York Film
California Lutheran
Academy of Art
De Anza
Santa Barbara City
Santa Monica
Orange Coast
West Los Angeles
Diablo Valley
Montana State University at
Montana State University at
Nova Southeastern
U of South
Dallas Baptist Universitywww.dbu.ed
Bowling Green State
U of
Oklahoma City
Tennessee Tech
Green River
North Seattle
Seattle Central
Spokane Falls
Univ. of
Hawaii Pacific
Leeward Community
College of Southern
University of
Northern Arizona
Colorado State