Canadian Experience Class

Home » Immigration Services » Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class, short for CEC is a stream open to those who have ever worked or studied in Canada. Applicant must meet the language requirement before they can setup their profile in Express Entry.

Work Experience requirement

Minimum 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply. The work was full-time or an equivalent amount through part-time work experience in Canada legally, according to the Canadian National Occupational Classification, Managerial jobs (NOC 0), Professional jobs (NOC A) or Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC B)

You need to show IRCC evidences that you perform the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the National Occupational Classification. This includes all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

Self-employment and work experience gained while you were a full-time student (under a co-op work permit) doesn’t count under this program.

Education requirement

There is no education requirement for the Canadian Experience Class. But you may improve your rank in the Express Entry pool,  if you went to school in Canada, you can get points for a certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian or equivalent foreign secondary (high school) or post-secondary school.

Language requirement

Meet the minimum language level of CLB 7 for NOC 0 or A jobs or CLB 5 for NOC B jobs

Your language tests are valid for 2 years after the date of the test result and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residence.

After you expressed your interest through this stream, you will compete with all other applicants in the express entry pool with a CRS score (Comprehensive Ranking System) . There are ways to improve your chances of success, talk to an immigration lawyer or RCIC (Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant) for tips. And don’t forget Canadian Experience Class is just one of many streams for a foreign worker become PR, explore our section of Skilled Workers for other available avenues.

NLAi immigration services helps past foreign workers or students who have previously work or study in Canada successfully gain their permanent resident status.

Vancouver 1-604-670-0918
Kelowna 1-250-899-6868



2F, 1789 Harvey Ave,
Kelowna, BC V1Y 6G4

Overseas Office:
Unit 1404, Chun Hui Mansion,
18 Yue Ken Road,
Guangzhou, P.R.China