Authorized Representative, immigration consultant.

There are many challenges along the road of Canadian immigration. Perhaps, the first one in your mind is, who should/could I seek help from? In Canada, Bill C-35 clearly defines who can provide immigration advice for a fee. They are called “authorized” representatives. Hiring a person without proper designation may fall into misrepresentation and your application will get refused plus, you will be banned for 5 years from entering Canada. An “unauthorized” representative/”ghost” will face $50,000 to $100,000 and/or imprisonment for up to six months on summary conviction.

There are two major designated groups of professionals in this field whom can render paid services: immigration lawyers and immigration consultants.

What is the difference between an immigration lawyer and an immigration consultant? Lawyers are members of provincial or territorial law society. Unlike immigration consultants, immigration consultants are all under a same rigid regulation body at the federal level. ICCRC, the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council was designated by the government of Canada in July 2011, to regulate Canadian immigration, citizenship and international student advising services. Permitted full service providers of these regulated professions are known as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs)

Immigration Consultants are as qualified as immigration lawyers to provide you with any immigration related services, whether it be consulting or completing and filing your application. An NLAI Kelowna immigration consultant can even represent you in a refugee hearing in front of the Immigration Refugee Board (IRB). Consultants also have the ability to represent you for any immigration related appeal.

Immigration lawyers, generally speaking, feel that they may be more qualified in their occupation and to justify this, they will charge more. It is true that longer years of education are required to become a lawyer. That does not mean that a lawyer is more qualified than a consultant to do their job when it comes to immigration services. In fact, immigration consultants practice and are allowed to practice only in the area of immigration law. They tend to be more focused and have a lot of hands on experience. So in a nut shell, in terms of qualification there is no difference, but in terms of overall cost-effectiveness, immigration consultant stands out!

Case experience usually trumps all other factors when it comes to hiring an immigration consultant who can get the job done. Our Kelowna immigration consultants have extensive experience in the immigration industry and practice. Our professionals will provide you with a clear understanding of your situation and will assess your needs based on our free evaluation. Once your evaluation and consultation are completed, you can then make an informed decision regarding your immigration needs. We will provide you with all the information that you need so that you are aware of all the aspects regarding your case and that there is a clear timeline established. This way there are no surprises and/or hidden fees that will emerge over the course of your case.

Our knowledgeable Kelowna immigration consultants will to help you attain your immigration goals. Contact us today and we can help you successfully resolve your immigration case and ensure that you get the most current and accurate legal advice regarding your case. Our immigration consultant professionals will help you get a positive decision on your case.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *