Entrepreneur and Investor Class
Quebec Investor Program
To be eligible, you must:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- Management experience is defined as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest $800,000 CAN with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
Entrepreneurs Program (British Columbia)
To be eligible, you and your spouse must have personal net worth of at least CAD $600,000 and demonstrate your management experience with one of the following:
- At least 3 years of experience as an active business owner-manager.
- 4+ years as a senior manager.
- A combination of 1 year owner-manager plus 2 years senior manager.
You will need to:
- Make an eligible personal investment of CAD$200,000+ in a new or improve an existing business;
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the business;
- Active and ongoing management of the day-to- day business operations;
- Demonstrated residence in B.C.;
$300 CAD registration fee
$3,500 application fee
$1,000 for each key staff application
The assessment of your application will also take into account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your professional training and your language skills.